Saturday, August 22, 2009

What is this all about?

I have set out to give you the readers all of the tips that I have picked up over the years on how to beat the customer service system. Tired of waiting on hold and then finally reaching someone who has no interest in helping you? Better yet, they can't speak the language or grasp what you are calling to complain about? I spend many, many hours a week on the phone with customer service from a variety of different companies both in my personal and professional lives. I never give up and have learned that persistence, manners and patience will eventually lead to credits, discounts and the answers you were hoping to get out of your phone call.

It is actually a travesty that businesses large and small, think that they can take advantage of the average consumer. We as consumers need to do a better job of holding these companies to the promises that they have made by entering into a relationship with us or by providing a requested service.

There are some other blogs like www.consumerist.com that provide secret phone numbers and other advice, I am hoping to go farther than that. We don't need secret phone numbers to get the answers you want, you need to know what to say once you get to a representative and then to their supervisor and the supervisor's supervisor.

Please feel free to share your customer service horror stories. I will share my experiences, my money saving tips and other ways to make the companies work for you. If I can provide advice or consultation I will do my best to get back to you in a speedy manner and not leave you on hold with that annoying music or repeated advertisements.

No comments:

Post a Comment